Re: Mutt/Neomutt and mailcap

* On 2021 15 Sep 10:44 -0500, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 08:37:51AM -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> > application/octet-stream; vim %s; description=Patch file; nametemplate=%s.patch
>
> application/octet-stream is a fairly generic mime type (and an odd
> choice for a text file, but so it goes). You may find vim is not a
> suitable tool for other attachments with that mime type.

It looks like the email came from the SourceForge Web mail server and it
apparently assigned the MIME attachment type.

> That aside,
>
> What does this command report?
>
>     ;see --norun application/octet-stream:/dev/null

In the message window, "key not bound", in the view attachment window,
"no tagged entries".  If I tag the file attachment, then ; is accepted
and s is interpreted as 'save file' and the rest of the command string
becomes the proposed file name to save.

I tried preceding the command with : instead and that failed.

- Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB