Re: Mutt/Neomutt and mailcap

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 12:58:10PM -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * On 2021 15 Sep 10:44 -0500, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> > What does this command report?
> >
> >     ;see --norun application/octet-stream:/dev/null
>
> In the message window, "key not bound", in the view attachment window,
> "no tagged entries".  If I tag the file attachment, then ; is accepted
> and s is interpreted as 'save file' and the rest of the command string
> becomes the proposed file name to save.
>
> I tried preceding the command with : instead and that failed.

Jonathan's message confused me too.  As far as I can tell, "see" is
a *shell* command, not a mutt command.  I don't know why there's a ";"
in front of it.

unicorn:~$ see --norun application/octet-stream:/dev/null
Error: no "view" mailcap rules found for type "application/octet-stream"

Nothing else I tried made any more sense than that.  Even using ":"
instead of ";" (to invoke it as a mutt command) didn't work, because "see"
isn't a mutt command.