Re: Mutt/Neomutt and mailcap

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 09:34:50PM -0500, David Wright wrote:

[...]

> BTW, your shell command,
>
>   !see --norun application/octet-stream:/dev/null
>
> will give you an answer in the context of a subshell, and
> not necessarily in the context of mutt itself [...]

Definitely, that's another point. I was just mulling over the
semicolon and came up with a minimal patch ;-)

> About the ";", it could also be an accidentally unshifted ":",
> and it might be easy to mis-remember:

The keyboard (and semantic) distance would be much shorter, this
makes this option attractive -- but there is no `:see' command in
"my" mutt, and, as far as I remember Nate seems to have tried it
unsuccessfully, too.

>     ":" is mutt's keystroke for entering mutt commands, whereas
>     "!" is mutt's keystroke for entering shell commands.

That is why I went for "!" after realising that there's a `see'
shell command but no homonymous mutt command...

Cheers
 - t