Re: CUPS permissions

On Thu 26 Aug 2021 at 16:48:14 +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

[...]

> _DON'T_ edit groups / shadow password files by hand unless really, absolutely
> necessary - the potential for mistakes is too high.

I suppose finding the line with lpadmin in it and editing it is prone
to mistakes. Heaven help us! vigr is (or was) the recommended utility
to use. It comes in the required package, passwd

> adduser [username] lpadmin as root/root equivalent using sudo is all that's
> needed.

That give the OP another technique.

> You don't need to reboot to do this: but you might need to log out/log back
> in to pick up the added/changed groups for the user.

log out/log back is *definitely* necessary. Not "might need to...".

--
Brian.