Re: smart fans

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 08:54:29PM +0200, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> David Christensen wrote:
>
> > Changing settings and making measurements at idle is
> > a starting point. You should also put the machine under load
> > and make measurements.
>
> Yes, but I know already that even with all fans (2*CPU cooling
> tower, 3*case) at "Silent" and with the powersave governor it
> still - if indeed anything changed - it still makes to much
> noise so I still hibernate the computer when I don't use it.
>
> The GPU fan looks so small it can't make a lot of noise one
> would think, and the fans for the power supply/the HDD are
> inside a little box even inside the computer case (don't know
> if it has a name?) but if they are really noisy I guess it
> could happen?
>
> --
> underground experts united
> https://dataswamp.org/~incal

Large slow fans are lovely and the most expensive fans from people who worry
about these things often rotate very slowly pushing a large amount of air.

Small fans are problematic: if they need to move quantities of hot air, they
can only do this with high rotational speed and thus noise.

QuietPC are worth looking at just to see the range of quiet fans. Likewise
Overclockers or similar.

All best, as ever,

Andy Cater