Re: smart fans

On 8/22/21 2:40 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
David Christensen wrote:

Some of my other machines offer additional governors --
"powersave" and "userspace". Run "cpufreq-info -g" to see
what Debian offers on your motherboard.

I did install and did set it to different governors but the
fans seem to go on like the always do regardless?

CPU and GPU temperatures seemed to be the same as well...

I would figure out what Setup can do with the fans before messing with the Linux CPU governor. Install software to display temperatures, to display fan speeds, and to put the CPU under load. Get a camera, a notepad, a stopwatch, and collect data as you work through configuring the fans in Setup.

David