Re: smart fans

David Christensen wrote:

> If you throttle your CPU, it will not generate as much heat:
>
>     https://wiki.debian.org/CpuFrequencyScaling

You mean permanently or when I'm not using the computer?

> Some motherboards have temperature sensors

The GPU seems to be always 41C while the CPU shows a cycle of
some 34-47C.

> fan connectors (e.g. 4-pin)

Fan connectors are 3-pin!

> that can control the fan speed(s) according to measured
> temperatures and firmware settings, provided that you have
> compatible fans. Check your hardware [...]

The motherboard is Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming.

Fans are:

fan    front low           be quiet! Shadow Wings 2  140 mm
       front high          be quiet! Shadow Wings 2  140 mm
       CPU cooling tower   be quiet! Pure Wings 2    120 mm  (2)
       rear                Corsair                   120 mm
       projector extra     fractal Silent Series R3  140 mm

> firmware settings

Where are these? The BIOS/UEFI?

--
underground experts united