Re: smart fans

David Christensen wrote:

> Some of my other machines offer additional governors --
> "powersave" and "userspace". Run "cpufreq-info -g" to see
> what Debian offers on your motherboard.

$ cpufreq-info -g
conservative userspace powersave ondemand performance schedutil

> The user's manual:
>
> https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX_B450_F_GAMING/E14401_ROG_STRIX_B450-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf

Ah, excellent, couldn't find that on the page that was linked
previously in this thread...

>> Fans are:
>> fan    front low           be quiet! Shadow Wings 2  140 mm
>>        front high          be quiet! Shadow Wings 2  140 mm
>>        CPU cooling tower   be quiet! Pure Wings 2    120 mm  (2)
>>        rear                Corsair                   120 mm
>>        projector extra     fractal Silent Series R3  140 mm
>
> What is "projector extra"?

fan    front low          be quiet! Shadow Wings 2  140 mm 3-pin        [1]
       front high         be quiet! Shadow Wings 2  140 mm 4-pin
       CPU cooling tower  be quiet! Pure Wings 2    120 mm 4-pin (2)    [2]
       rear               Corsair                   120 mm 3-pin
       projector extra    fractal Silent Series R3  140 mm 3-pin        [3]

       The motherboard fan connectors are:
         CPU_FAN  - CPU cooling tower;
         CPU_OPT  - CPU colling tower;
         CHA_FAN1 - fan wire splitter - 3 wires - rear,
                                      - 2 wires - projector extra;
         CHA_FAN2 - front high;
         CHA_FAN3 - front low.
       All connectors are 4-pin. "Projector extra" is a fan
       located outside the computer.

   [1] https://www.bequiet.com/en/casefans/shadow-wings-2/1620
       "available with or without PWM control"
   [2] https://www.bequiet.com/en/casefans/449