Re: nvme SSD and poor performance

On 20/08/2021 18:11, Marco Möller wrote:
browser.sessionstore.interval
Storing the session is not the only data written to the disk. If it
would only be this data, then indeed setting a higher interval would be
sufficient. But there is much more going on. Especially the cache seems
to be a cause for the extreme high I/O of Firefox. That's why I finally
decided to go for the psd tool, and this tool made it for me.

That's why you can tune disk cache in Firefox, disable it, make is
smaller and so on. By definition disk cache for a browser is a hot cache
where everything lands and it's being taken from again instead of being
downloaded from internet. On my PC I have /home on RAID10 made of 4
spinning drives, so all programs can cache and thrash on the storage all
day. If you, or anyone else in this topic, have /home on SSD and/or
Firefox/TB data churn is a concern, you could disable Fx disk cache
altogether.
I am glad that solution you have chosen, that psd tool (I don't know it)
work for you.

--

With kindest regards, piorunz.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀