Re: Problem with crash post-install [ was: Update or reinstall ]

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 12:29:16PM +0200, Marco Möller wrote:

> On 29.07.21 10:25, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
> >Hi,
> >(...)
> >Gunnar  ( Gunnar Gervin <dofeelok@gmail.com> ) is having problem with
> >his laptop.
> >The system crashes post-update.
> >
> >He need to do clean install every time.
> >And this is probably time consuming for him.
> >
> >If other user has some hints...

> [...] three times run a "sudo sync" [...]

While I've read about issuing sync *twice* with the explanation
that sysadmins are a supersticious bunch [1], the sudo is most
definitely unnecessary.

The important part is actually /waiting/ for sync to "come back".
Then you can assume that pending writes are committed.

Cheers
[1] A dash of superstition might even be beneficial in that
   kind of job.
 - t