Re: Update or reinstall

Hi,

On 2021-07-28 3:16 p.m., Gunnar Gervin wrote:
> It is a Toshiba 160 gb hd in a 14 years old Macbook i386 ❤️/x86 32 b
> booting from Bios not uefi. I'll give full report in 1-2 weeks, after
> put in VM in it, faster internet to it to handle VM.
> And built websites with it.
> Geg

What's the link between installing a VM and the description of your laptop ?

Also, Macbook in x86 booting from BIOS ?

Macbook use either UEFI for the Intel ones or OpenBoot for the older ones.

No such thing as a BIOS on a MacBook.

Sorry but your message is everything except easy to understand.

If you are installing Linux in a VM on your laptop then you should also
describe what type of VM you are using and the specifications. Your
Friend Linux should have taught you this. Also, he should teach you that
a faster internet won't make your VM faster.

Maybe you could either answer a message or include in this one, what
reason are you writing this ?

As it may sound obvious for yourself, it's not necessarily for others.
Plus it's not much of use for someone who'd like into to the archive
looking for answer.

If I do get a idea of why you are writing this here, it's not the case
for other people around.

Same apply for your message regarding Pine laptop.

Because now those two message are like a bottle in the ocean, not linked
to anything.

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside