Re: USB audio device no longer showing up

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021, 2:52 PM Thomas Amm <debili@open-email.net> wrote:
On Fri, 2021-07-23 at 08:11 -0500, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:

> > Thomas which USB chipsets do you prefer for audio?
> > And are you doing MIDI over USB to the synth?
> >
> > Viel Glueck .....Nick Geovanis

Mostly Realtek for now. I rember a faulty chipset in the early days of
USB3 causing lots of headaches but wasn't personally affected. No
actual USB-3 chipset has let me down so far, however.
I am actually doing MIDI over USB with all my synths but one, a 1989
KORG Polysix with MIDI retrofit via DIN. This means I've got four
synths and three controllers communicating duplex over the same active
USB-3 hub without problems even when sequencing three of them and
recording + monitoring the master keyboard simultaneously. No miracle
comparing MIDI's very small bandwith and timing requirements with USB-3
specs.

Thanks so much Thomas, that was a big question for me. Not so much USB-3 bandwidth but latency and timing.

I have a Casio DMW, CSound under wintel (embarrassed silence ;-) and working on an Arduino-based sequencer. Arduino's have a base MIDI library and speak it directly.