Re: Receipt [ was : needrestart - how to supress ncurses gui]

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 04:13:40PM +0100, Brian wrote:
> On Sun 25 Jul 2021 at 09:39:36 -0400, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Why bother people with requesting a receipt when we read you message ?
> >
> > There's thousands of person on this list. You really need / want a
> > receipt from all of us ?
>
> Belt and braces? We see you believe in it. :)
>
>   > To: Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de>
>
> --
> Brian.

Although the usual stated policy for this list is _NOT_ to reply direct
to individuals but normally only to the list, it is also possible, if
you don't know whether an individual is subscribed, that it might be a
good way of getting a message to them.

In that, at least, this list is unusual: we do expect a certain number of
people who will write a question to the list but may not realise that it is
also beneficial to subscribe.

See also: Maling list code of conduct etc.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater