needrestart - how to supress ncurses gui

Dear list,

does anyone know, how to suppress the ncurses gui of needrestart, when running an aupgrade by i.e. "aptitude upgrade -y" ?

I do not want to interact manually, just automatically restart the processes, as needrestart is suggesting.

I checked needrestart.conf, but I am not quite sure, if it is either this entry

---

# Verbosity:
#  0 => quiet
#  1 => normal (default)
#  2 => verbose
#$nrconf{verbosity} = 2;

---

or is this one only for general verbosity? If so, then the second entry I found might be responsible:

---

# Enable/disable hints on pending kernel upgrades:
#  1: requires the user to acknowledge pending kernels
#  0: disable kernel checks completely
# -1: print kernel hints to stderr only
#$nrconf{kernelhints} = -1;

---