Re: Working for free

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 12:00:34PM +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,

[...]

> (Nevertheless, one doesn't need a worldwide git repo service to train
> an AI by examples of free software.

Read on GPT3. Even if you throw away the marketing-foo (of which there
is copious abundance), it's... scary.

It doesn't help that Microsoft has bought "exclusive" use of it [1]
doesn't help (with my feelings on it, at least).

> It would be a funny experiment to throw a few hundred code snippets of a
> free software project into Visual Bleep and then to look how similar the
> result is to the original.)

We're talking a few more than a few hundred here ;-)

cheers
[1] https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/09/23/1008729/openai-is-giving-microsoft-exclusive-access-to-its-gpt-3-language-model/
 - t