Working for free [was: Offensive variable names]

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 09:01:20AM +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Gregory Smith wrote to me:
> > You're a bunch of fa*gots.
>
> I think this asterisk is an insufficient surrogate for a classical "bleep".
> But thank you for the plural. This enhances my self-esteem.
>

> > Working for free.
>
> Yes. This aspect was always annoying to Microsoft and alike.

Times have changed. Now Microsoft *loves* free work... done for
them [1].

Not that this enhances my love for Microsoft, mind you. It rather
confirms my initial gut feeling to stay out of Githubs way wherever
I can.

Cheers
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GitHub_Copilot
 - t