Re: Mail Reader (updated)

On Thu, Jul 08, 2021 at 11:24:35AM +0200, Francesco Florian wrote:
> Hi,
> I use a combination of three things; I don't think it's the setup you want, but some of them can be replaced with others.
> 1. offlineimap to fetch the emails from the mail server and store them in Maildir format. As the name suggests, the server only needs to support IMAP.
> It is available as offilneimap3 in the main debian testing repository, it might also be in stable. It is also possible that stable has only offlineimap (no '3'), written in python 2, I didn't check.

Your mileage may vary: on Bullseye here. Offlineimap was dependent on Python
2.x Offlineimap3 doesn't work for me and segfaults.

Notably, moving to Bullseye broke offlineimap horribly because no Python2
and Offlineiap3 didn't work either.

mbsync has worked reliably as an offlineimap replacement
IMHO: DON'T USE OFFLINEIMAP[3] any more :)

> Best
> --
> Francesco Florian

All best, as ever,