Re: Debian Linux keyboard mapping files ...

On Fri, Jul 02, 2021 at 02:24:20AM -0400, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>  From your examples you included I will only need yielded glyphs if
> they are commonly used in a language. Now, defining "commonly used"
> would be an entirely different, yet valid question.
>
>  I will have to code my way through those files to parse unicode <->
> key (or key sequence) "lookup tables" for each language and my effort
> will need definitely more than "parsing" for non-alphabetical
> languages.

So, wait, you're NOT just abnormally curious?  You actually believe you
have some kind of REASON for wanting to know how the console and/or X
keyboard input mechanism is implemented by Debian?

If this is the case, stop messing around and TELL US what that reason
is.  What are you actually trying to do?

As far as I've been able to tell with my rather limited knowledge of
this topic, you're starting from some MASSIVELY incorrect assumptions,
but up until now, correcting all the background noise was never
important, because you were just poking around out of curiosity.  Or so
we thought.