Re: Can MATE DE be attractive as well as functional

On 6/26/21 2:07 PM, Bret Busby wrote:
On 27/6/21 4:30 am, Richard Owlett wrote:
Can icons placed on desktop be in a regular geometric pattern.
I think it tries to do that. But over the years I've had differing monitor geometries. Does operator have any control over where next icon is placed?

Just curious ;/
TIA

But, with MATE, whilst a Debian-mate mailing lists exists, to which reference was made, in response to a previous thread involving a query about MATE running on Debian, the Debian-mate list appears to have posts relating to only bug reports, and, announcements or security announcements.

true, not as I would expect.

The question then arises - would it be worthwhile, to start a users mailing list, for MATE desktop interface (and applications that are part of the MATE environment), to deal with MATE users across different platforms?

yes, a Debian mate user list would be quite welcome

So, I wonder about the worthwhileness (?) of setting up a new MATE users mailing list.
I do see questions here about other platforms, and Mate, but they kinda get lost.

one needs watch daily, or more often.

UbuntuMATE is quite different, they don't use the full suite of Mate apps, using odd (to me) substitute...and continues to go their own way.

Most of the Ubuntu derivatives do the same, often loosing functions and features in the process.

a more central location for Mate specific Q&A would be welcome