Re: Debian stable - updates

Andrei writes:
> Unstable is challenging when you rely on that system for any kind of
> useful work, regardless if a movie night with friends or a big
> presentation at work, as each and every upgrade has the potential to
> break your system in new and interesting ways.

I've run Unstable on my desktop for decades.  It's been at least 15
years since an upgrade gave me any serious trouble.  However, I don't
use a desktop environment (unless you call FVWM a DE) and I only upgrade
when it is both safe and necessary.

I did recently have a problem with an Exim4 upgrade but I believe it was
primarily due to my customizations (I switched to Postfix as that's the
simplest way to do "wipe it all out and start over").
--
John Hasler
john@sugarbit.com