Debian stable - updates

Hi altogether,

as I´m a newcomer to Debian and coming from Lubuntu I searched for information as far as the release model is concerned.

I learned that there are three different releases: stable, testing, and unstable.

I know I´m not supposed to post any links here but for the sake of reference I´ll still do it this time (sorry). I´m referring to the article  "Debian vs Ubuntu" on https://linuxconfig.org/debian-vs-ubuntu .

I quote:

"Debian's stable release is insanely stable. There are few distributions in the same league when it comes to rock solid reliability.

[...] There is a tradeoff, though. The software in Debian Stable is usually fairly outdated. In fact, it's usually outdated when the distribution first ships. Now, that's not much of a problem for servers, but it's awful for desktops. "

Despite reading through the entire article I couldn´t really understand why the author refers to Debian stable as being "awful" for desktops.

So I have a question in order to be clear about the matter.

Is Debian stable safe to use - I mean in the sense that it gets security updates for the installed packages?

I don´t really care about updates which would introduce new features of programmes. All I´m concerned about is getting security updates so that I can use Debian stable as my daily driver.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Many greetings
Rosika