Re: Debian stable - updates

On Vi, 25 iun 21, 15:50:56, steve wrote:
> Le 25-06-2021, à 06:38:32 -0600, D. R. Evans a écrit :
>
> > For years I have run debian stable on my main desktop machine (the one I
> > am using to type this e-mail). It has had fewer major issues than any
> > other distribution I have tried.
>
> Some even say that Debian is becoming annoying for that very reason…

:)

I ran Debian unstable on my main system for many years. It was a great
learning experience, whether I wanted that or not.

Unstable is challenging when you rely on that system for any kind of
useful work, regardless if a movie night with friends or a big
presentation at work, as each and every upgrade has the potential to
break your system in new and interesting ways.

Eventually I switched mostly to stable because of the time investment
needed to maintain unstable *and* associated mitigation strategies.

I still have unstable (or testing) installations, e.g. to monitor
support for my hardware, new developments, etc., but they are rarely (if
ever) providing any essential service for me.

Kind regards,
Andrei