Re: Debian stable - updates

Hi Tomas,

thank you so much for your reply.

> Thing is: "stable" means [...]  Only bug fixes and security patches go in.

Great! That is the most important aspect for me.
I really don't need the latest-and-greatest version of packages. All I do need is a stable and secure system.
So Debian stable turns out to be ideally suited for my purposes.

I've installed it in a VM for now (qemu, KVM) to see how it performs. I must say I'm very impressed. It runs smoothly even with just 1 GB RAM allocated to it.
I'm sure it'll make a fine system as a production system.

Thanks again and keep safe.

Many greetings.
Rosika