Re: Debain 11 Release Candidate - Screen Freeze (NVidia)

On Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 07:48:00PM +0200, Spongebob Schwammkopf wrote:
> Dear Support Team,
>
> as soon as I manually switch off my 4K LG OLED 48C1 Monitor (HDMI)
> connected to my NVidia GTX 1650 grafics card and on again the screen is
> frozen. This means no mouse or keyboard is working. Also a console terminal
> is frozen but a running compilation seems to still process in background.
>
> The actual NVidia driver is the 460.73.01 and was installed per
>
> apt-get install firmware-linux nvidia-driver nvidia-detect nvidia-settings
> nvidia-xconfig
> nvidia-xconfig
>
> What looks a bit strange but maybe could be normal is the fact that none of
> the following services is installed nor could be enabled:
>
> sudo systemctl enable nvidia-suspend.service
> sudo systemctl enable nvidia-hibernate.service
> sudo systemctl enable nvidia-resume.service
>
> Any solutions for this problem?
>
> Best regards

A really stupid question: have you tried resetting the LG screen to defaults?

If the screen is intelligent, it may have its own power saver configuration.

What connection are you using to the 4k monitor? Display port / USB-C?

Do you have another monitor to check whether the situation is the same and
to clarify whether it is the card sending a signal?

Anything in event logs?

The more information you can give, the better here: we almost certainly
won't have your hardware but might spot something given more information.

With every good wish

Andrew Cater