Re: Printing addresses on a #10 envelope (US)?

tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> Yeah. Today you would use a client-server architecture, the server
> being an npm application running in a Docker container. The client
> is based on libelectron (the printer selection dialog has to have
> a GUI, after all). Since the stack of dependencies is so, well,
> hellish, you better deploy your print-capable apps as Flatpaks [0],
> each one with its own copy of libelectron (and of Chrome, of course).
>
> Makes you pine for the good ol' times where those things were made
> with Eclipse [1].
>
> Nah. I'll take lprng, thankyouverymuch.

the dot matrix printer from Epson, I bought in 1996 for ~100 US$ still works
pretty well and the tape is very cheap.

However lpr ... come on - even RPi or a refurbished PC with a display is
more handy. You do not have to go into the other extreme with flatpack ...
but command line ... come on ... Neanderthals get extinct at some point of
time ;-)