Re: How to commit a new architecture like RISC-V

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 11:28:13AM +0800, zhangjialing wrote:
>     We have a new architecture , We have compiled a lot of packages
> . Now the system can work normally .

This sounds exciting :-)

>     We want to submit to debian like RISC-V. Please What documents
> (or others) can we refer to.

You landed on the Debian user mailing list. While there are perhaps
people around who can give you better hints, I think there are other
mailing lists where you could find more capable people for what you
have in mind.

Perhaps your new architecture is similar to one already existent
and for which a porting effort is already underway (for example,
MIPS). You find all the architecture-specific Debian mailing lists
here:

  https://lists.debian.org/ports.html

In that case it would be a good thing to say "hello" on the relevant
list.

For general questions on Debian development (e.g. how to go about a
new port etc), perhaps you find good advice in debian-devel:

  https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/

Find general information about Debian ports here:

  https://www.debian.org/ports/

and on architecture specific things here:

  https://wiki.debian.org/ArchitectureSpecificsMemo

Perhaps you already know one or more of those resources. Sorry for
that. I'm not an expert on those things, but if I could help to
point you in the right direction, I'm happy.

Cheers
 - t