Re: How to commit a new architecture like RISC-V

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 05:32:23PM +0800, zhangjialing wrote:
> Hello, thank you for your help .

Sorry it couldn't be better :)

(Please, keep the mailing list in copy: for one, there are
many more knowledgeable people here who could help, and then
our conversation is archived, to the benefit of others who
might have similar questions).

> It is a realy new architecture, I want to know the submission
> process and documents.I know RISC-V has done it ,but I do not know
> how to begain  and what can referance.

As I said, I'm just a lowly user. I don't think there is a formal
process to "start a new architecture" in Debian. Perhaps it's just
a matter of finding enough people with interest.

Debian advances by "doing" and convincing other people. So a good
starting point would be to write a bit about your new architecture,
how it differs from others (or how it is related to others) and
perhaps more details on how your porting efforts went so-far.

But I'm sure you will receive much better-founded answer by trying
on <debian-devel@lists.debian.org>

Cheers and thanks
-- tomás