Re: debian-user list info and guidelines (FAQ) - posted monthly

On Sb, 01 mai 21, 03:17:39, Weaver wrote:

> `This is a fairly busy mailing list' - Oh no, it isn't!
> It used to be.
> I can recall days when I'd get 300 mails or more, but that was when the
> attitude was it was a list for Debian users, and not just a list for
> Debian issues.
> At times, there would be 70% of threads on topic, while the rest were
> wildly off, but there's one aspect everybody seems to have forgotten:
> conversation/communication builds community.
> And this list is somewhat dry on that quality these days.
> I think we can attribute the list drying up like a river in drought to
> that.

Though personally I enjoy the occasional off-topic discussion I also
recall the complaints from other subscribers about the (wildly!)
off-topic mega-threads.

> Perhaps the prissy and politically correct simply don't have it right?
> Cheers!

In my opinion off-topic discussions are orthogonal to that.

Kind regards,
Andrei