Re: debian-user list info and guidelines (FAQ) - posted monthly

On Sat, May 01, 2021 at 03:17:39AM -0700, Weaver wrote:
I can recall days when I'd get 300 mails or more, but that was when the
attitude was it was a list for Debian users, and not just a list for
Debian issues.

So can I. The list has definitely got quieter in the last 20 years.

Perhaps the prissy and politically correct simply don't have it right?

I don't think you can attribute the list die-off to the introduction of
the CoC.  You could equally surmise that the kind of behaviour that the
CoC forbids -- which used to be rampant -- has driven people away.  But
the list die-off started long before the CoC was introduced. I suspect
it's simply that more and more users go elsewhere to places like Reddit,
rather than dusty old mailing lists.

--
Please do not CC me, I am subscribed to the list.

👱🏻	Jonathan Dowland
✎	 jmtd@debian.org
🔗	https://jmtd.net