Re: combined cpu frequency stats with 2 policies in place

On Sb, 01 mai 21, 14:41:07, Tuxo wrote:
> Hi list
>
> My octa core cpu does offer 2 frequency governors:
>
> cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/affected_cpus
> 0 1 2 3
>
> cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy4/affected_cpus
> 4 5 6 7
>
> cpufreq-info --stats --human does only display policy 0 as summary, if I
> want to see policy4 summary I need to ask for it with:
>
> cpufreq-info --stats --human --cpu 4
>
> Adding more than one --cpu argument is not allowed.

Indeed, the man page is pretty specific about that.

> How can I combine both of them or is this not possible?

Development of cpufrequtils seems to have stopped (it's the same version
since at least jessie, though I didn't look at upstream).

Maybe you should look for other tools?

If you only need to monitor the frequencies and load per core s-tui is a
nice interactive tool.

Kind regards,
Andrei