Re: how to use fetchmail with MS Office 365 / davmail?

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 09:16:08AM +0100, Joe wrote:

[...]

> > Lets admit it ... the goal is to shovel the money to (mostly) US
> > corporations that do not pay any taxes anywhere, to educate the
> > children to be slaves of the corporations and to consume as much as
> > possible.
> >

> Indeed. From 2004:
>
> https://www.computerweekly.com/news/2240057429/Newham-staying-with-Microsoft-is-68-cheaper-than-open-source

Ah... that was Microsoft's "TCO" [1] campaign back then. Memories...
Why. It reminds me of... hmmmm. OH! YES! It's in my spam collection:

    From: Lean Green Coffee <LeanGreenCoffee@yantokersu.net>
    Subject: 1 "Weird Trick" to Lose FAT

Well, duh. Old hat, this.

To offer a counterpoint, a couple of years later:

  https://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Paw-Prints-Writings-of-the-maddog/Microsoft-admits-that-TCO-for-developing-nation-s-schools-is-same-for-Linux-and-Windows

Cheers

[1] TCO == "Total Cost of Ownership". It was that time, where some
   high profile city councils (Munich, among them [2]) were considering
   moving to free software, that Microsoft put their PR machine in
   motion to "prove" that their software is cheaper. Well, duh.

[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LiMux
   LiMux is no more. Some say it has to do with Microsoft moving its
   European headquarters to Munich. Luckily, they can't put their
   headquarters in each and every European city, so now Barcelona
   runs on free software. And the whole region of Extremadura.
   And...

 - t