Re: Best desktop environment for multitouch touchscreen?

On 28-04-2021 22:13, Kasper Loopstra wrote:
> On 28/04/2021 13:57, Weaver wrote:

>>> Thanks. I've been looking at Kodi and trying to launch a webpage in
>>> Firefox, but that requires writing an extension apparently (all the
>>> existing ones are broken or won't run on the Debian version of Kodi).
>>> Trying the "Hello World" extension to write one also gives a
>>> dependency error in Kodi that Google doesn't show me any fixes for.
>> You shouldn't need to access Firefox.
>> Kodi has its own browser interface, and it should be possible for you to
>> access what you want via addons like `lazytv', etc..
>> You should be able to access the mixer that way also, directly.
>> Cheers!
>>
>> Harry
>
> Thanks again for the quick reply! Unfortunately, I'm trying to control
> a hardware mixer on the network here (a Behringer XAir 18). That needs
> its own Linux application. Could you link me to a tutorial on how to
> launch the external application on Kodi that works on Debian? It would
> be much appreciated!
>
> I've installed the LazyTV addon, and tried it. It just gave a beep and
> did nothing. Do you have a tutorial on how to use that to view
> specific content only available in the browser? Such as ziggogo.tv
> (Dutch cable provider) and uitzendinggemist.nl (Dutch TV)?
>
> These must be really basic questions, but by just googling and reading
> the manual I have not been able to figure it out.

You're probably better off speaking to the Kodi people directly.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Main_Page

https://forum.kodi.tv/

I haven't explored Kodi enough to give you the answers you need with
additional hardware in a network, but somebody there will know about it.
Good luck with it, and let us know how you go.
Cheers!

Harry

--
"'Crazy' is a term of art; 'Insane' is a term of law.
Remember that, and you'll save yourself a lot of trouble."

--Hunter S. Thompson