Re: Best desktop environment for multitouch touchscreen?

On 28/04/2021 13:57, Weaver wrote:
On 28-04-2021 21:20, Kasper Loopstra wrote:
On 28/04/2021 11:32, Weaver wrote:
On 28-04-2021 19:04, Kasper Loopstra wrote:
I've also briefly tried to use Kodi, but that does not seem to support
launching external programs and/or webpages easily.
I don't know about the rest, but Kodi usually requires extensions
installed in order access external resources. Depending on where you
are, cross-border `intellectual property' stipulations sometimes get in
the way. Other than that, you shouldn't have any problems.
Cheers!

Harry.
Thanks. I've been looking at Kodi and trying to launch a webpage in
Firefox, but that requires writing an extension apparently (all the
existing ones are broken or won't run on the Debian version of Kodi).
Trying the "Hello World" extension to write one also gives a
dependency error in Kodi that Google doesn't show me any fixes for.
You shouldn't need to access Firefox.
Kodi has its own browser interface, and it should be possible for you to
access what you want via addons like `lazytv', etc..
You should be able to access the mixer that way also, directly.
Cheers!

Harry

Thanks again for the quick reply! Unfortunately, I'm trying to control a hardware mixer on the network here (a Behringer XAir 18). That needs its own Linux application. Could you link me to a tutorial on how to launch the external application on Kodi that works on Debian? It would be much appreciated!

I've installed the LazyTV addon, and tried it. It just gave a beep and did nothing. Do you have a tutorial on how to use that to view specific content only available in the browser? Such as ziggogo.tv (Dutch cable provider) and uitzendinggemist.nl (Dutch TV)?

These must be really basic questions, but by just googling and reading the manual I have not been able to figure it out.

Thanks,

Kasper.

There are a couple of webpages I would like to launch easily (as they
are the only way to view Dutch TV online), and also a program to
control the audio mixer via the network.

If you have any hints on how to achieve this in Kodi, I'd be grateful.

Thanks,

Kasper

PS: Please put me on CC on replies, I'm not subscribed to the list.