Re: Best desktop environment for multitouch touchscreen?

On 28-04-2021 21:20, Kasper Loopstra wrote:
> On 28/04/2021 11:32, Weaver wrote:
>> On 28-04-2021 19:04, Kasper Loopstra wrote:
>>> I've also briefly tried to use Kodi, but that does not seem to support
>>> launching external programs and/or webpages easily.
>> I don't know about the rest, but Kodi usually requires extensions
>> installed in order access external resources. Depending on where you
>> are, cross-border `intellectual property' stipulations sometimes get in
>> the way. Other than that, you shouldn't have any problems.
>> Cheers!
>>
>> Harry.
>
> Thanks. I've been looking at Kodi and trying to launch a webpage in
> Firefox, but that requires writing an extension apparently (all the
> existing ones are broken or won't run on the Debian version of Kodi).
> Trying the "Hello World" extension to write one also gives a
> dependency error in Kodi that Google doesn't show me any fixes for.

You shouldn't need to access Firefox.
Kodi has its own browser interface, and it should be possible for you to
access what you want via addons like `lazytv', etc..
You should be able to access the mixer that way also, directly.
Cheers!

Harry

--
"'Crazy' is a term of art; 'Insane' is a term of law.
Remember that, and you'll save yourself a lot of trouble."

--Hunter S. Thompson