Re: Graphical session does not close until unattended-upgrades has applied all updates

1) Unattended-upgrade at shutdown and after Lightdm is stopped: Perhaps a solution would be to :
- stop and disable the unattended-upgrade systemd service
- edit the unattended-upgrades config file to setup the shutdown to false
- write/enable/start your custom systemd service that runs /usr/bin/unattented-upgrade only after shutdown has been asked and the lightdm systemd service has been stopped

2) unattended-upgrades notifications while Plymouth is running: I do not read Python but trying to understand this python script, I have the impression that Plymouth does notify the user that unattended-upgrédes is running

Good luck ;-)