Re: Re: Smart TV on WiFi as Extra Display

> There are some wireless hdmi kits, you plug one in the computer, one in the display, and it works like a cable, but without the actual cable. You should be able to find them on Amazon and other stores. I've never tried them, though.

Sure, that would work!

But it does seem a shame to not be able to do it in software, when the
two devices can already talk to each other over a nice local 5G
network.

I mean, when you think about it, what that "wireless hdmi kit" really
consists of is *software* living on a hardware substrate that
basically duplicates hardware that's already present. Proprietary
software! So I'd like to do the job on generic hardware, using free
software.

Cheers,

--Barak.