Re: Button events from headphone+micro combo

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 11:18:11AM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > I'm sure this can be made in software, by looking at the mic
> > input. Most probably even in user space.
> > Now to find someone with enough time in her/his hands and who
> > can be convinced into trying :-)
>
> What I find puzzling here is that this is a 100% standard feature on
> pretty much all Android tablet and smartphones.  It's clearly cheap
> to implement.  Why isn't it standard on laptops and (mini) desktops?

Perhaps because the need is more acute when you have the device
somewhere in a shirt pocket, which doesn't happen that often with
laptops and/or desktops.

But don't take my word for it. I'm a well-known Luddite and try to
steer clear of as many gadgets as I can ;-)

Cheers
 - t