Running debian on WSL (windows-system-for-linux)

Does anybody have any experience running debian on a WSL (windows-system-for-linux) machine?

I need to get a machine for family use, but i would also like to be able to also use it myself.  So i would like to be able to ssh in, back up files into it, and do other tasks, maybe even a little programming on it.  (A mac can handle all of this sort of thing quite easily, but has a huge price tag.)

At a job a couple of years ago i put WSL on the windows desktop machine they gave me, but i was not in a position to be very aggressive about remote usage, and, as i understand it, WSL has evolved since then.  And, even then, WSL was more than just a virtual machine guest.

In particular, i would like to
(a) be able to remotely access the WSL debian just as if it were debian box, including having ssh, rsync, and x windows
(b) occasionally do the same sorts of things from its console
(c) not have to manually set up and keep alive daemons or special services,
(d) as an extra, keep the debian and windows things on separate disks, if possible.

I'm not looking for a multi-boot situation, as i want to be able to access the WSL apparatus while the console is engaged with doing windows operations for somebody else (and i guess the converse as well, although i'm pretty foggy about sshing into windows).

Thanks in advance for any advice or pointers.

dan