ifneq problem

I have a Makefile used to check whether svn command existing or not. The content is below

all:
        $(eval svnbin=$(shell basename $(shell which svn)))
        $(info X$(svnbin)Y)
        $(echo X$(svnbin)Y)
ifneq ($(strip $(svnbin)),svn)
        @echo "$(svnbin)=/=svn"
endif

However, `make` command prints following to the console

XsvnY
svn=/=svn

This is weird to me as it looks like no hidden character e.g. \n appended at the end of svn. The environment I have

svn (1.14.1 (r1886195)) installed at /usr/bin/svn (`which svn`)
 Debian version bullseye/sid (`cat /etc/debian_version`)
 Make version 4.3 (`make --version`)
Kernel 5.6.0-1-rt-amd64 (uname -r)

What might cause this printout to console? Or anywhere I should check for debugging?

Thanks