Re: fsck error on boot: /dev/sda1: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY and Partition 1 does not start on physical sector boundary

Alexander V. Makartsev:
> On 19.03.2021 21:23, Jochen Spieker wrote:
>>> Note : Linux installed on sdb (ext4) and sda is a NTFS file system and
>>>
>>> I don't want my SSD or HDD died suddenly
>> But I am afraid that is exactly what is happening.
>
> You can't be so sure, not until OP reports back with testing results.

?

There are pending sectors, there were filesystem errors. One of the
disks is obviously damaged.

You are right that the disk could still be useful for quite some time
without additional damage. But unless you are tight on money, my advice
would still be to shell out the €50-100 for a new drive to avoid the
risk and effort to deal with more damage. Especially if the OP is like
many/most people and does /not/ have a proper backup.

J.
--
When you put a gun to my head you aren't fooling anyone.
[Agree]   [Disagree]