Re: fsck error on boot: /dev/sda1: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY and Partition 1 does not start on physical sector boundary

On 19.03.2021 21:23, Jochen Spieker wrote:
Note : Linux installed on sdb (ext4) and sda is a NTFS file system and

I don't want my SSD or HDD died suddenly
But I am afraid that is exactly what is happening.
You can't be so sure, not until OP reports back with testing results.

I would not worry about the alignment issues at all. The problem is that
one of your disks is having bad sectors which still need to be
reallocated. That means you may already have data loss. Chances are that
the number of bad sectors is going to increase over time which is going
to lead to more data loss.

My personal advice would be to replace the failing disk with a new one
and restore from a known-good backup. If you lack money, you can try to
find a used disk, but I would only pay for something which I have
checked with smartcl beforehand. If you lack a backup, you can only hope
that you have lost nothing of value and get a new disk as fast as
possible.
Personally, I don't think it is wise to throw away any HDD as soon as it gets a few pending bad blocks for whatever reason.
I had a drive with remapped bad blocks in SMART and that amount stayed the same for years, despite its workload and periodical full surface scan.
I mean platter surface with the modern sector density is not perfect. It simply can't be.
Even brand new drives are shipped with information about factory remapped sectors in special section inside their firmware, to cover up platter imperfections.
10 sectors are nothing compared to billions of them on a multi-terrabyte drive, if they don't grow in numbers over time, because say platter contamination,
and the drive is not failing mechanically, so each case should be examined carefully.
This is why performing regular backups and validating them is better, I mean you do it all anyway, than replacing drives as soon as they get a few bad sectors.

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org