Re: fsck error on boot: /dev/sda1: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY and Partition 1 does not start on physical sector boundary

Robbi Nespu:

> I worried I might missing some package for hdd and sdd maintainance (coz I
> doing minimal install previously)

There is no maintenance that needs to be done for hard disks or solid
state disks to increase longevity. It often makes sense to setup
smartmontools which can monitor things like bad blocks for you, but this
can only inform you about potential problems, not prevent them.

> Note : Linux installed on sdb (ext4) and sda is a NTFS file system and
>
> I don't want my SSD or HDD died suddenly

But I am afraid that is exactly what is happening.

I would not worry about the alignment issues at all. The problem is that
one of your disks is having bad sectors which still need to be
reallocated. That means you may already have data loss. Chances are that
the number of bad sectors is going to increase over time which is going
to lead to more data loss.

My personal advice would be to replace the failing disk with a new one
and restore from a known-good backup. If you lack money, you can try to
find a used disk, but I would only pay for something which I have
checked with smartcl beforehand. If you lack a backup, you can only hope
that you have lost nothing of value and get a new disk as fast as
possible.

J.
--
Quite often I wonder why I am not more famous and/or more wealthy.
[Agree]   [Disagree]