Re: Could KDE work adequately on a PC with 4 GB of RAM and an Intel Core 2 Duo processor @ 2.33 GHz?

Marco Möller wrote:
> On 10.03.21 19:28, Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z wrote:
> (...)
>> I don't think there is a Debian DVD iso I can use to install Debian
>> Bullseye.
>> I think I'll have to install Buster and then switch to Bullseye.
>> Is there a better option?
>
> To my knowledge, there is a Bulleye installer available here:
> https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
> It is still a test version, but you have good chances that it will work
> just fine. As described before, "testing" in Debian does not mean
> "unstable". With some bad luck for you, you might find a bug in it. If
> you could then report it, then luck for the Debian community because
> someone found it and it can be corrected for pushing the installer a
> step forward to soon become "stable".

  for the record, the daily images worked fine for me the other
day as i wanted to be sure the recent daily netinst image
would boot and get as far as partitioning on this new motherboard.
all that went ok.  i did not actually do any further installation
with it though because i have to do some resizing and moving of
partitions to set up a free spot to do a new install and i'm not
sure i really want to do that yet.  mainly i just wanted to make
sure i had a recent rescue image that would boot just in case my
future poking at UEFI things on this machine turns it into non-
functional.

  songbird