Re: Use motherboard video-out or GPU’s

Pankaj Jangid wrote:

> Okay. So, this is possible. But my doubt remains. See below.
>
>> Last but not least - why many GPUs but one monitor? It makes no sense. It
>> should use the one where the monitor is attached, but usually monitors
>> have more inputs, which you can utilize.
>
> I’ll be using multiple monitors but my original doubt was this. If I am
> not connecting a monitor to GPU output, will I not be utilizing its
> power for (this) display?  Assuming, I have configured X to utilize all
> the GPUs for number crunching. Should it make any difference where I am
> connect the monitor? What will be the highest available resolution? Will
> it depend on where I have connected?

AFAIR A screen will be assigned to the controller/GPU. then to each output a
Monitor and Display will be assigned.

As you know there are few options how it can be handled (Extend/Clone).
The resolution depends on the quality of the cards.

I have only one integrated intel with DVI and HDMI. So I have one screen and
one Monitor, but both DVI and HDMI are connected.
Because I have configured Extend per default, I see the login screen only on
the DVI display and the extention on the other.

I guess you must try out and perhaps manually fine tune this or that.

May be also copy/paste here the make/model of the hardware, so that someone
can give you more detailed information.