Re: Use motherboard video-out or GPU’s

deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> writes:

>> Now, should I connect the monitor to the motherboard video-out or
>> should I use GPU’s output? Suppose the OS (Debian GNU/Linux in this
>> case) is fully configured to utilize the GPUs i.e. drivers etc. are set
>> up. Will the graphic system be able to utilize the GPUs irrespective of
>> where I have connected the monitor?
>
> I am not an expert in Wayland, but X is able to utilize any GPU in any
> number.  If it does not this automatically you have to manually
> configure the server.  There are numerous guides on the internet.

Okay. So, this is possible. But my doubt remains. See below.

> Last but not least - why many GPUs but one monitor? It makes no sense. It
> should use the one where the monitor is attached, but usually monitors have
> more inputs, which you can utilize.

I’ll be using multiple monitors but my original doubt was this. If I am
not connecting a monitor to GPU output, will I not be utilizing its
power for (this) display?  Assuming, I have configured X to utilize all
the GPUs for number crunching. Should it make any difference where I am
connect the monitor? What will be the highest available resolution? Will
it depend on where I have connected?

--
Regards,
Pankaj Jangid