Re: on the verge of shopping for new desktop hardware, recommendations?

On Sun 07 Mar 2021 at 20:39:12 (-0500), Felix Miata wrote:

> At retail level, modem-routers seem to be rather uncommon. OTOH, owning your own
> modem and router can produce an ISP savings that will pay for a modem and/or
> router in as little as 6-12 months by buying quality "refurbs". I have multiples
> of both, so that an ISP has little opportunity to fault my hardware when I have a
> service complaint.

I've never has two working modems (cable) on site at the same time.
How do ISPs react to having two different MAC-addressed devices
connecting from the same customer? (My Internet connection doesn't
require a login.)

Cheers,
David.