Re: Deb10 installer can't install grub

On Mi, 03 mar 21, 17:16:14, Felix Miata wrote:
> Andrei POPESCU composed on 2021-03-03 17:50 (UTC+0200):
>
> > Felix Miata wrote:
>
> >> To start with, RAID1 is marginally slower than ordinary filesystems on partitions.
>
> > This is true for some workloads, for others it can be significantly
> > faster.
>
> > https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/04/understanding-raid-how-performance-scales-from-one-disk-to-eight/
>
> I wrote not RAID, but RAID1, very purposely. I found no mention of RAID1 in any of
> the graphs there, and the subject of RAID1 barely touched, basically describing
> its purely mirror topology and little else.

Quote from the article:

    In our performance charts, we show a line from two disks through
    eight disks for RAID10. The first datapoint, for two disks, is
    obviously a simple RAID1. The datapoints for four, six, and eight
    disks are RAID10. We draw a line through all points for ease of
    interpretation—but there is no three, five, or seven disk RAID10 in
    the actual data, for hopefully obvious reasons.

Kind regards,
Andrei