Re: Deb10 installer can't install grub

Andrei POPESCU composed on 2021-03-03 17:50 (UTC+0200):

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> To start with, RAID1 is marginally slower than ordinary filesystems on partitions.

> This is true for some workloads, for others it can be significantly
> faster.

> https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/04/understanding-raid-how-performance-scales-from-one-disk-to-eight/

I wrote not RAID, but RAID1, very purposely. I found no mention of RAID1 in any of
the graphs there, and the subject of RAID1 barely touched, basically describing
its purely mirror topology and little else. I can't recall any graph there that
described performance of anything other than single disk, RAID6, and RAID10. Do
you know of, or can you provide a reference to, any way RAID1 performance can be
better than single disk?
--
Evolution as taught in public schools, like religion,
	is based on faith, not on science.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/