Re: debian installation is no longer working

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 at 02:05, Semih Ozlem <semihozlemlinuxuser@gmail.com> wrote:

> When Debian is starting the following are the highlighted messages and or places where booting pauses and at the very end pauses almost indefinitely (or rather when I lost the patience for waiting for new messages to come up and shut down the machine).

> I am writing everything down I was able to get out of the system below. I have the following questions
> (i) is there any automatic system recovery tools worth trying
> (ii) is there a set of commands that could be executed when in rescue mode to restore the system
> (iii) is it worth the time to try to rescue the system (or better of giving up and reinstalling the system from scratch on the device)
> (iv) is there something to be learned from this series of errors so that if not repeated, this problem can be avoided in the future from occuring again? (i.e. a correct diagnosis of the reason for the problem)

> Can anyone help?

Hi

And I see that elsewhere you have mentioned btrfs.

When I hear about a Debian system that is running from a USB
flash memory stick, I do not expect high performance from that
system, due to the slow response of the USB flash memory
compared to an internal hard drive.

If you want to run a Debian system from a USB flash memory
stick, then I suggest to keep it as simple as possible and not
install software that requires a reasonably responsive internal
hard drive.

If you want to run btrfs, apache, virtualbox, docker, etc then I
suggest to work on a Debian system that is installed
on an internal hard drive.