Re: debian installation is no longer working

In addition to my earlier message, the usb drive has three partitions FAT partition including EFI, swap  partition, btrfs partition where home folder is located.

sudo btrfs rescue super-recover /dev/sdc3
gives the response
All supers are valid, no need to recover

When starting from the usb, the boot process starts with some messages such as not starting network manager. Indeed if I drop to root shell, apt-get update won't do what it usually does since internet connection can't be established. (similarly neither apt --fix-broken install) there was also a message about a bug in kernel at boot time.

Any ideas on what can be done so that booting of the system can be restored?